Work with Us
ACI Asia-Pacific's Career Opportunites
At ACI Asia-Pacific, we encourage our people to do their best work every day, working alongside regional experts and members to maximize every opportunity and lead the industry into the future. We cultivate leaders and empower them to think and act differently. Looking for a job in aviation and airports? View openings below.
Economics and Finance Expert
The ACI Asia-Pacific Regional Office, located at the Hong Kong International Airport, is seeking a high-calibre candidate to join the team.
Reporting to the Director General, the Economics and Finance Expert is responsible for developing and implementing:
- airport policies related to airport economics in the field of airport aeronautical and non-aeronautical business; and
- a range of analytical and data collection services to internal and external stakeholders, in alignment with the ACI Asia-Pacific’s strategic priorities.
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work in an international environment with airport professionals at regional and global levels and contribute to developing analytical insights that help the advancement of the industry.
- Define policy positions reflecting related to Airport Economics in consultation with airport members and draft position papers accordingly
- Prepare submissions to consultations undertaken by national authorities on airport-related matters
- Assist the Director General in advocating the position of airport Members at the regional and national levels with evidence-based arguments
- Lead projects and discussions at Committee, Task Force and Work Groups. Facilitate the development of regional positions in coordination with members and other ACI regions
- Coordinate and implement timely collection and analysis of airport traffic data and airport economics data. Provide recommendations to streamline and improve data collection workflow, increase members’ participation in data submission and enhance the quality of submitted data
- Produce high-quality economic and statistical analysis to support the formulation of ACI Asia-Pacific policies on economic issues, and be a key contributor in providing quantitative analysis to back the development of regional studies, policy briefs, position papers, and/or industry comments in response to policy proposals
- Stay abreast of industry trends and closely monitor air traffic and airport financial performance in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Lead the preparation of analysis providing insights on air traffic development and airport economics for inclusion in ACI Asia-Pacific reports, speeches, presentations and digital media platforms
- Evaluate ACI’s data holdings, research and compile the alternative sources of data, formulate plans to enhance ACI Asia-Pacific statistical analytical and traffic forecast capabilities with an aim to develop new analytical products
- Provide technical support to consultants employed by ACI Asia-Pacific and assist supervisor in the oversight of deliverables
- Supervise and work closely with the Economic Research Analyst.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Business, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years solid experience in an analytical role, preferably in the aviation industry and a multi-cultural working environment. Preference will be given to candidates with working knowledge of the current issues and challenges related to Airport or Airline Economics
- Strategic, forward-thinking and solution-focused
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work successfully in a multicultural team and across boundaries and to build networks across the region to achieve results
- Strong project management skills, and multi-tasking skills with excellent attention to detail
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English; and desirably working knowledge of at least 1 other Asian or Arabic language;
- Preference will be given to candidates from Asia or the Middle East, with possible remote work arrangements
- Proficient in PC applications and Business Intelligence Tools
- Willingness to travel
Interested candidates, please send your CV, along with date of availability, present and expected salary to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All Information received will be kept in strict confidence and only for employment-related purposes.
Members' Career Opportunites
Aviation employment opportunities from ACI Asia-Pacific members are listed here. If you are interested in the position, please contact the organization as directed on the job posting.
There are no job postings at the moment.
Do you have a job opening at your airport? ACI Asia-Pacific would be happy to post members' job opportunities. This is at no cost to the members.
Please contact us for further information.