Narita Airport First Airport in Japan to Acquire International Accreditation for COVID-19 Infection Countermeasures
- 01 Feb 2021
Various initiatives and measures have been in place at Narita Airport to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, so that passengers can travel with peace of mind. In recognition of this, Narita Airport has become the first airport in Japan to acquire certification under the Airport Health Accreditation (AHA) Program conducted by the Airports Council International (ACI).
In this accreditation program, ACI carries out an objective assessment of a total of 122 items based on the guidelines and recommendations drawn up by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Main assessment items are cleaning and disinfecting of the passenger terminals, mask compliance by customers and staff, ensuring social distancing, and contactless procedures. More than 200 airports around the world have acquired this international certification.
Narita Airport will continue to announce our COVID-19 measures in accordance with international standards for the safety and confidence of all customers, and work with international organizations such as ACI, government agencies, and other stakeholders such as airlines in the airport.
Major initiatives at Narita Airport:
- Measures to prevent infection among customers and employees
- Temperature measurement at security checkpoints for domestic flights
- Sanitizing and cleaning
- Optimum air ventilation in the airport
- Maintaining social distancing
- Dissemination of information to customers and airport stakeholders
- Expansion of self-service boarding procedures including automated check-in kiosks and self-bag drops to reduce contact with staff
Click here for more information on Narita Airport's initiatives to prevent infection.