First in Japanese Airport! Hometown Tax Donation Program “Furusato Nōzei” On a Vending Machine at KIX
Kansai Airports is delighted to announce the installation of a "hometown tax vending machine" (the "Furusato Nozei Vending Machine") for Izumisano City, Osaka Prefecture, on Friday, December 23, 2022, at Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport in Kansai International Airport (KIX).
This is the first installation of the Furusato Nozei Vending Machine at any airport in Japan and in Osaka Prefecture. The vending machine will allow you to receive and use the gift immediately after your donation.
The return gifts are vouchers for Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport accommodation and restaurants. The attraction of this system is that you can easily pay hometown tax on the spot when you use the airport and can use the return gift immediately at the hotel or restaurant.
Kansai Airports Group will continue to collaborate with local governments around the airports and airport related businesses to revitalize local communities and bring the charm of the airport and travel to as many people as possible.
Overview of the Izumisano City Hometown Tax Vending Machine
Location: Next to the front desk on 1F, Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport in KIX
Installation: 1 unit
Operating hours: Between 9:00 and 21:00
*Only from 11:00 on the first day, Friday, December 23
Tax payment method:
(1) Select a return gift item on the touch panel of the vending machine
(2) Registration (name and address, etc., can be easily read using the driver’s license)
(3) Choose a donation method (credit card payment only)
(4) Hand the voucher receipt to the receptionist next to the vending machine
(5) Exchange for a return gift on the spot
* The tax donation is for Izumisano City in Osaka Prefecture.
* The documents required for the tax deduction will be sent by mail from Izumisano City to the address of your donation information at a later date.
Overview of the return gift
- Voucher ticket for Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport
Can be used for accommodation and restaurants (all-day dining "The Brasserie" and Chinese restaurant "Toh-Lee")
- 8 types according to the donation amount, ranging from 10,000 yen (3,000 yen worth of ticket) to 300,000 yen (90,000 yen worth of ticket).
- The tickets are in units of 1,000 yen
- Valid for 1 year from the date of issue